'We Practice Cultural Economics'
Some Defining Principles of Cultural Tourism
EXPANDING… CULTURAL COMMERCE THROUGH
...A Presentation Defining a Greater Vision for the Pan African Heritage Trails: Celebrating Our Routes (Roots) in the United States And Throughout The Diaspora!Type your paragraph here.
Cultural tourism with its expression through the socioeconomic structure of individual, organizational and community development can be characterized by the following ideas:
- A recognition that the most basic wealth of a community is its residents and their experiences and that genuine wealth is created by as many people as possible participating in mutually rewarding relationships with each other.
- That all individuals are impelled to move from a state of lower condition to a state of higher condition, i.e. all individuals are impelled to develop their full human potential.
- The activity of individual development is contained in “The Process of Development”. Individual, organizational and community development are the three stages of "The Process of Development".
- That community residents and their experiences are best understood and most highly valued when they are intelligently defined within the cultural context of individual, organizational and community development.
- That organizations and communities are necessary and vital because they provide a more practical, efficient and precise means for individuals to build wealth and power and to develop their full human potential.
- That one of the most productive activities of all is when community residents create, package, own and sell products as well as services that promote their individual, organizational and community development - this is why individuals are encouraged to claim and utilize their experiences.
- That these ideas (especially point 5) define Community-Based Tourism and that it is this activity that enables individuals to discover the greatest wealth and power to meet their individual desires and needs.
- These are some basic ideas which can be more practically developed through cultural tourism. They are consistent with sound psychological and spiritual principles and able to support sustained socioeconomic growth and development everywhere. Type your paragraph here.